By K. Carey,M. Schneider
Read or Download Accountability in American Higher Education (Education Policy) PDF
Similar education policy books
For over a century, american citizens have translated their cultural anxieties and hopes into dramatic calls for for tutorial reform. even though coverage speak has sounded a millennial tone, the particular reforms were sluggish and incremental. Tinkering towards Utopia records the dynamic stress among american citizens' religion in schooling as a panacea and the average speed of switch in academic practices.
This article, the second one in a two-volume set interpreting the method of academic reform, describes case stories at the switch strategy of schooling, because it affects at the person at paintings. ; The authors supply attention-grabbing comparisons of comparable alterations occuring inside of schooling in numerous nationwide settings, together with Australia, New Zealand, Israel, the united states and the united kingdom.
Include powerful grading tactics that experience the facility to lessen failure premiums, increase scholar self-discipline, motivate studying, and improve morale. during this three-part consultant, the writer offers functional techniques academics and directors can use to make sure their grading practices middle on 4 crucial standards: equity, accuracy, specificity, and timeliness.
Sooner or later of variety , unique educational leaders, heads of universities and foundations in addition to school with useful examine and private event, talk about the subsequent degree within the pursuit of democratic range and excellence on our campuses around the country.
- The Entrepreneurial Research University in Latin America: Global and Local Models in Chile and Colombia, 1950-2015
- Dickens as an Educator
- Technologies of Government (Studies in the Philosophy of Education)
- Education and the Scandinavian Welfare State in the Year 2000: Equality, Policy, and Reform (Reference Books in International Education)
- Schoolhouses, Courthouses, and Statehouses: Solving the Funding-Achievement Puzzle in America's Public Schools
- Paradigm Lost: Leading America Beyond Its Fear of Educational Change
Additional info for Accountability in American Higher Education (Education Policy)