The Best Juicer to Give Your Friends
With the hectic schedules and crazy work tasks, everyone is trying to live a healthier lifestyle. Coffee and alcohol may be a staple beverage for the work days ahead but sometimes a healthy glass of freshly squeezed juice does the trick for the weekends. Now, if you’ve got a friend that’s suddenly shifting from unhealthy to healthy drinks then getting them a juicer would definitely be the best gift. Of course, not any juicer will do and there are things to consider before purchasing one.
A. Questions To Answer Before Purchasing a Juicer:
Even if it’s for a gift or for you, before buying a juicer there are things to consider which are as follows:
- Do you have time to juice in the morning? Do you need a high speed centrifugal juicer for quick mornings out the door or are you willing to spend extra minutes a day for juicing via a low speed juicer?
- What do you plan to juice: fruits, leafy greens, vegetables?
- Less cleaning or complicated cleaning?
- Quality of the juice?
- Minimal or more foam in the juice?
- Type of Juicer?
- Does the noise level bother you?
- Space on the counter?
- Warranty an issue?
B. Types of Juicers
Juicers aren’t just juicers because there are certain types for a variety of food to juice. Here’s a summary of the basic types of juicers.
1. Centrifugal Juicer
1a. Non Ejection Type
This juicer mainly processes vegetables and fruits at high speed. Ideally, this juicer can make a quart of juice before the pulp is removed and the juicer re-assembled. It can make upjuice fit for two people. The cons of this type are that it takes longer clean-up time, and for wheatgrass folk, this is one juicer that can’t juice wheatgrass.
1b. Automatic Ejection Type
This juicer is easier to operate and clean. There is no need to stop the juicer halfway through juicing because the pulp is automatically separated from the juice. This type of juicer is fit for a family who loves to juice. Again the con of such juicer is it won’t juice wheatgrass.
2. Low RPM Types
2a. Single Gear Juicer
This is new to the juicing scene and has a few advantages over a few other juicers. The juicer automatically separatespulp from the juice. The pro of this type is that it preserves nutrient value because there is less friction, oxidation and heat. It’s easy to clean, can juice leafy greens and wheatgrass easily. However, it’s slower on vegetables like carrots.
2b. Vertical Single Gear Juicer
These juicers are much like the single juicer with the same benefits but designed to take up less space on the counter.
2c. Twin Gear Juicer
This type makes use of inter-meshing stainless steel twin gears that press and squeeze vegetables and fruits effectively. It can easily juice not only fruits and vegetables but wheatgrass and leafy greens. Making nut butters and frozen fruit desserts are made easy with this type of juicer. However, this type takes longer cleaning time, are heavier and larger than other juicers. Given the twin gears, this type is also the most expensive of juicers.
C. The Best Juicers
Given all the types named, there isn’t ONE best juicer out in the market. Looking through blogs and forums, here are the overall winners when it comes to versatility, price and efficiency.
1. Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXL
Considered the best overall juicer since 2011. Quite a few health buffs still look for this type of juicer given it can juice fast and juice more with less waste.Buy Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXL
2. Breville BJE200XL Compact Juice Fountain
If you’ve got a budget to stick to when choosing a juicer for you or a friend then this juicer is your best option.Buy Breville BJE200XL Compact Juice Fountain
3. Omega 8003/8005 Juicer
If you want a juicer that’s great at juicing vegetables then this omega juicer is it. This is the perfect gift for that vegetarian friend of yours.Buy Omega 8003/8005 Juicer
4. Acme Supreme Juicerator 5001
This Acme Supreme Juicerator 5001 juicer has been considered the most efficient type even in the ‘70s. It may be noisy but efficient at juicing.
5. Hurricane Stainless Steel Manual Wheatgrass Juicer
Not all juicers can effectively juice wheatgrass, and if your friend is a wheatgrass addict then this would be the appropriate juicer for them.Buy Hurricane Stainless Steel Manual Wheatgrass Juicer
6. Black & Decker CJ525 CitrusMatePlus Citrus Juicer
There’s a reason it’s called a citrus mate because it’s effective at juicing citrus fruits.
- December 25, 2014, Christmas : Find Christmas presents for your loved ones.
- November 27, 2014, Thanksgiving Day: Time to give thanks. Browse our Thanksgiving gift ideas.
- October 31, 2014, Halloween: Spooky! Find costume party and trick-or-treating needs here.
- September 1, 2014, Labor Day: Give these hardworkers something to smile for this Labor's Day.
- June 15, 2014, Father's Day: Show your appreciation with our Father's Day gifts.